Daily Archives: 25/02/2014

Meh

Yesterday was a ‘meh’ or ‘pants’ day as my kids would say.

I sometimes say to Mr Hangoverfree and kids that 90% of the time I love them dearly and wouldn’t be without them and the other 10% they do my head in and I daydream about a different life.  That was how I felt about my sober life yesterday.  I daydreamed about my drinking life wistfully and just felt a bit ‘well – is this it?’.

I know I’m not the first to say this but I don’t want people reading this to think that every day is unicorns and rainbows now I don’t drink.  Some days are just plain underwhelming drinking or no drinking.

I’m not sure why that was – maybe it was going back to work after a lovely week off, maybe it was a female hormone thing, maybe it was the passing of another sober milestone, who knows.  I do know though that before it would have been a good enough reason to drink – to ‘cheer myself up’ of course.  But now I know better and the right answer is an early night and the hope that tomorrow will be a better day.  At least I didn’t have a hangover 😉