Thank you so very much to Maggie from Sober Courage for nominating me for this wonderful award. Please go visit her blog as I will be doing now!
To accept the award, each awardee must do the following:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List 10 interesting things about yourself.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
- Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
I’m only a relative newbie to the sober blogging community so feel really honoured to have been nominated for this award. It will definitely strengthen my resolve and help keep me on the path of recovery! 🙂
OK 10 interesting things about myself:
- Although I am a UK citizen I was born in Germany and as an adult I have lived with my young family in France.
- As a young person I was sent to a single sex religion-led boarding school and yes it did have some St Trinian’s-esque moments!
- I came of age during the rave era and will always see myself as a raver. I am never happier than when listening to dance music and throwing some shapes; ‘big fish, little fish, cardboard box’ – yep that was me! 😉
- My favourite bands are The Prodigy, Radiohead and Air.
- I love the sea and it is my ‘go to’ place when I need to think and to put things in perspective. This love has influenced both places I have trained vocationally and where I have lived. Brighton is my spiritual home.
- I am a proud graduate of The Open University. This organisation ROCKS!!
- I am a mum to two fantastic children (although obviously I’m biased!). This young lady and young man are around the age of the expression ‘give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man’. I hope it’s not too late. I hope I’ve not f**ked them up.
- I am happily married to a man who used to be my boozing companion and we decided to stop together. He is 6 days ahead of me in this journey!
- I ran the London Marathon in 2011 for the Samaritans and raised over £3,000.
- Although I now live in a ‘chocolate box‘ English village I am a city girl at heart having lived in Cambridge, Exeter, London and Brighton. My favourite city in the world is New York.
Ok, and now a drum roll and a HUGE thank you to these 10 deserving bloggers who I believe, positively and creatively inspire me and many others in the blogosphere:
- Mrs D Is Going Without
- Tired of Thinking About Drinking
- Soberistas (Lucy Rocca’s blog)
- Carrie On Sober
- The Soberist Blog
- FitFatFood – Blogging To Stay Sober
- One Day At A Time
- taking a new path
- It’s different now
Thank you once again, and I hope that you accept this award. I am very excited to learn a bit more about you all!